- You don't know what Chitlins are.
- You cry foul over the sight of a gator in the wild. Even if it's just a 3 or 4 foot baby.
- The sight of a brown patch on your front lawn depresses you.
- You feel uncomfortable telling redneck jokes, thinking that they are "politically incorrect."
- You don't know what the Bonnie Blue Flag is.
- You jump on the table at the sight of a lizard in your living room.
- You were sunglasses in the wintertime.
- You look at a river and see nothing more than a boat highway.
- You put sugar or honey in our grits.
- You don't know what grits are.
- You recoil at the sight of a "racist" Confederate Battle Flag.
- You're afraid to get your shoes muddy.
- You think a Gopher is only a mammal.
- You think "Cracker" is only a derogatory term.
- You build your fancy mansion on an eroding sandbar and then demand compensation when it gets washed away by a hurricane.
- You can't tell a rattlesnake from a cottonmouth.
- You think the word "drawers" refers only to a part of a dresser or desk.
- You think tea is supposed to be served hot.
- You think a Florida Cracker is a baked good.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
You Might NOT Be a Floridian If...
This is a list I compiled in about a half hour tonight based on the popular "You might be a redneck if..." jokes. In case you were wondering, this is all my own original thoughts, and they are all based on things I have observed non-Floridians doing or saying. Some are funny, some are serious, but all Floridians can relate :-D I'll add to this list later, but I figured since I haven't written a real post in a really long time, I would post it today. Enjoy.
Posted by MinorcanMeteorolgist at 7:08 PM