Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Change

It's hard to believe that it has already been a month since I left my home and came down here to South Florida to get an edumucation. My life has changed drastically - more than I had expected.

Naturally, this change in lifestyle will translate to a slight change in the way this blog is oriented. My feet have not come in contact with the soft muck of a swamp in over a month...
Actually, I haven't even left the city since I arrived here.
What a change.
Therefore, you may see more philosophy, reflection, and thought on here than before...
College makes you think about a lof of things...
I'll share some of those thoughts with you.
But, as always, every one of my thoughts and actions contains some form of a Minorcan Factor, so the title of the blog will remain the same.
I'm still the same old Minorcan Florida Cracker, just in a different habitat!

I'm excited about sharing some of my experiences with you, but for now I'm off to my chemistry lecture and my FORTRAN software development class.
Wednesdays are my busy day.

6 comments:

R.Powers said...

Ugh! Fortran still exists?

Anonymous said...

Really? Fortran?

MinorcanMeteorolgist said...

Both - Yes, ha ha, Fortran is still used in science and engineering applications...But I get that question a lot.
Many numerical weather forecasting models still use it, which is why I am taking the class.

Paintsmh said...

I would say he's back he's back...but since I talk to you every day or so I won't say anything!

MinorcanMeteorolgist said...

paint - Facebook is a wonderful thing.

Paintsmh said...

Yes Facebook is one of my favorite things. So much easier to catch up and keep up with everyone!