Monday, August 14, 2006

My Sowwy...

Wow, it's been over a week since I've posted. I feel bad for any of those phantom readers who have lost their source of reading pleasure. School's back in and this little thing called spare time that I used for blogging over the summer is now non-existant. I want to post really bad about a couple things, but I just haven't found the time. Hopefully I can start up with my daily blogging routine once I get into the gist of things at school. And the water level on Durbin Creek should be rising slowly and steadily as these afternoon t-storms dump their rain into its watershed. I might be able to get the kayak back out there in October or Nobember; we'll just have to wait and see. By the way, FC. That cypress tree you were talking about does have very noticeable protrustions growing in an obvious pattern. They do look like those railroad spikes you were talking about, but have just been covered naturally by the wood of the tree. Now, I wonder what caused those three big protrusions you can see in that picture on here.
Oh well, I have a test or a quiz in ever class today, so I need to get back to studying. I hope to post later; we'll see how much homework I will have to eat up valuable time that I could be using on better things :-D. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

If I can find the slide of the tree which shows the spikes, I'll digitize it and post it. They were about half covered back in '84 as I recall, so it makes sense that they could be completely overgrown now. Too cool.
Good luck with school.

MinorcanMeteorolgist said...

very cool, and thanks for the luck...I'll need it.

And thanks a lot for taking your time to read my ramblings and comment on them. I appreciate it.