Friday, June 09, 2006

AC Still Broken and I finally get new...er...used boots

So our air conditioning is still broken and the outside temperature is 96.3 over grass and 103.7 over concrete. Ow. The temp in my room right now is 83.7 degrees, which would feel good if it was outside, but for some reason 84 degrees is MISERABLE inside a house. It was so hot I seriously considered setting out a blanket and sleeping in the yard last night because it was actually cooler outside than it was inside the house...I may do that tonight because I didn't get ANY sleep last night and I was really tired at work. So the repairman came and said we had a freon leak UNDER OUR HOUSE and out air handler is completely rusted. He'll have to replace both the air handler and the freon line that runs under our house....for a measly cost of....$2,885....YACH!!! THAT'S MORE THAN I MAKE IN A YEAR!!! And worst of all, he can't replace it until Monday and the forecast high tomorrow is 99 degrees...well at least I can have a slight appreciation for what my ancestors had to go through 230 years ago.......no, I'll never feel the misery they felt......but at least I feel the heat.

Oh yes...About the boots...
So I was walking around the parking lot taking in carts at Publix this morning when I came across a good looking pair of boots just lying there in the back of the lot. I've been looking for a good pair of boots to kayak and hike in and to do some of the more interesting lawn work at home (I.E. tromp into the snake-infested corner of our property and cut down tree limbs and ferns....but that's a different story). So I broght them in and set them in the associate lounge until I got off at 1:00. The soles are a little torn up so I'm just gonna have to get some rubber and patch them up with Gorilla Glue and maybe a few tacks...THROWING AWAY GOOD BOOTS JUST CAUSE THE SOLES ARE A LITTLE TORN UP!? One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I know the picture stinks...I took it with my crappy webcam.

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

It all depends on what you're used to. I grew up in St. Augustine without A/C, you just have to aclimate...and get good fans. Hope it works out for you.