Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ladies And Gentlemen...I would like you to meet Tropical Storm Alberto

So it looks like we've got a new tropical storm on our hands and I'm got mixed emotions about it. I'm really disappointed about it because it's forecasted to be DIRECTLY over my house this coming week, but I will be gone until Friday at a retreat in Hilton Head Island. So I'm going to miss the first tropical storm of the year as it hits my house directly...assuming it maintains vertical structure and is pulled northeast by the trough over the midatlantic. But I'm also really happy because it will do a lot to help relieve our drought here and it will raise the river and creek levels so I can once again kayak in some of my favorite streams. Oh, well, I am kinda sick about it so believe it or not I'm not even going to talk about it. You can see the satellite pics of it below and you can go to www.nhc.noaa.gov for official forecast discussions.

No comments: